What is safeguarding?
Safeguarding is the action that is taken to promote the welfare of children and protect them from harm.
- protecting children from abuse and maltreatment
- preventing harm to children’s health or development
- ensuring children grow up with the provision of safe and effective care
- taking action to enable all children and young people to have the best outcomes.
- Safeguarding children and child protection guidance and legislation applies to all children up to the age of 18.
Here you will find important documents regarding Safeguarding and Child Protection within the GBTSDA
- Child Protection Policy
- Child Protection Incident Form
- Child Protection Safeguarding
- Safeguarding Leaflet